Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Benjy Ferree


Benjy Ferree
- Myspace . The quirky are on the rise in the music business because they make catchy songs. Same goes with this fellow, Benjy Ferree (double r, double e). His myspace classifies him as "Garage/Folk" but I don't think you can classify him down to just two genres. This guy has some really catchy tunes and I really like his voice and style. Well worth checking him out as I think he has the catchyness of Blind Pew (modern day Queen) and the influence of Bright Eyes but with his own style that I haven't heard in anyone I've come across. This is a guy that when you hear him the first time it has an impact on you and you want to hear more. I fell victim to that and you might too. Listen to "In the Countryside" (my favorite), "The Desert" and "Leaving the Nest" to get a good feel of Benjy's style. He currently has one album called "Leaving the Nest", it's very good.

Side note: Benjy was signed by a British company called Domino Recording Co. who hosts other good bands like: Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand, Cass McCombs and Caribou. I'll be posting later about Cass McCombs.

No comments: