Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Whitest Boy Alive - Rules

If you're anything like me, you've been sitting around asking yourself, "When are we going to see the next great funky-disco-indie-rock album out of Norway?" Well, my friends, the wait is over.

Check out "Rules" from The Whitest Boy Alive. They started several years ago as a electronica-type band, but have since picked up actual instruments and they continue to make some cool music. I especially enjoy the flow of the bass lines, the well-placed guitar fills, and the Stevie Wonder-esque keys. "Rules" is a follow-up to their previous album, "Dreams", which I stumbled upon purely because I liked the band's name... The importance of an interesting band name!

Here are a couple of tracks from the new album.


1517 - The Whitest Boy Alive


Intentions - The Whitest Boy Alive

Two Post Scripts - The guitarist/vocalist was in Kings of Convenience and they are now based in Berlin, not Norway.

No comments: