Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New Artist Discovery: Joe Pug

Some of you by now have heard of this man Joe Pug but if you haven't well you're in luck, cause you're about to hear him. I heard Mr. Pug on Relevant's podcast last week and I am hooked on his folk fantasticness. Instead of me blabbing on about this man I'll let you take a listen for yourself.



Hymn 35 - Joe Pug


With Joe Pug I'm picturing Bob Dylan's songwriting (see "Hymn 35" above) and grittiness met Joe Purdy's folk styling and produced a Joe Pug. I think this guy has a lot of great songs and lyrics and combine that with his voice we have ourselves a great artist here. Expect his songs to be all over movies and tv soon and in your iTunes playlist.

And you may ask "What is the best thing about Joe Pug right now besides his great singer/songwriter ways". Well, free cd's, yes free cd's. Check it out here. He wants to spread his music for it's substance, so he's going to send you any number of sampler cd's for free. Just email him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. thanks for turning me onto JOE PUG. LOVE IT. Tracking the music down right now.

I have a referral for you based on your taste--

AM
very hard to find, but well worth the search.

www.myspace.com/amsounds if you bother with that thing.

i like The Other Side, It's Been So Long, Losing You

cheers to disovering new music and making my day