Monday, May 12, 2008

Album Review - Death Cab For Cutie "Narrow Stairs"


Looks like Death Cab's newest album didn't impress Pitchfork. They gave it a 6.0. Here is an exceprt from the summary:
Surely Death Cab's awkward position as one of the few indie rock groups with a platinum record would be enough to drive anyone to drink. Fellow million-sellers Modest Mouse brought on Johnny Marr for their second major-label LP; the Decemberists, who also signed to a major but didn't go platinum, have yet to release their follow-up. Narrow Stairs' musical growing pains make sense for an album that stares into the banal void of contemporary adulthood. If you love the band, you'll probably find enough reasons here to keep sticking with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it deserves much more than a 6.0. I'm not a HUGE Death Cab fanboy, but the album is really solid in my opinion.

And "I Will Possess Your Heart" sends chills down my spine.

Live Tyler said...

Yeah, I usually like Pitchforks reviews, especially for indie-type artists, but this rating seemed a bit unfair. If you read the review it seems like they would rate it around 8.0. Anyways, I'm still a fan of the album and I agree, that song does that to me as well.