Thursday, July 2, 2009

If Jason Heard It, You Will Heard It - Part One - Blind Pilot

My brother Jason is the ever music recommender and a good one at that. I'll be posting the last 6 months of recommendations from him over the next week. Starting off is...

Blind Pilot
Style: indie folk-rock, west coast indie pop
Sounds Like: Iron & Wine, low key version of The Shins, Bon Iver
Listening Sites: main (has player), purevolume, myspace, npr studio session
Listen to: "One Red Thread", "Go On Say It", "Oviedo"
My comments: This band is a must listen, must buy, I love their sound. They only have one official album "3 Rounds and a Sound" and it's one of those that keeps you listening in one sitting and doesn't have a bad song on it. Go see for yourself, this band breaches many different styles including indie, folk, indie folk rock. Must listen. Portland produces another great band.
Bonus Question: Who does their singer sound like? (I can't figure it out)





No comments: