Thursday, October 9, 2008

Teitur


Teitur - Last.fm. This is a band that I should have dropped everything and made a post about them the first time I listened to them a while back. Teitur comes from the Faroe Islands and brings a very unique sound with him. Good voice, good musicality, good instrument usage, very good melodies and an overall good sound. You'll see when you listen but he incorporates a lot of different instruments for his rhythm and melodies that you usually wouldn't use and it just works. His debut album "Poetry and Aeroplanes" back in 2003 was very good and I recommend going over to iTunes to listen to it all, including the album "The Singer". On the last.fm site listen to all the songs, they are all very good.

I highly recommend Teitur and I think most if not all of you will like him. I wish I had posted him a year ago so that you had heard him earlier.

No comments: