Thursday, June 26, 2008

Where do I start? - The beginning

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about Matt Costa. He had never heard of him and wanted to try him out but didn't know where to start. It got me thinking about this site. I post a lot of new bands that may have already 2-5 albums under their belt. With more than 2 albums already out there it's hard to know where to start with the artist (eg. The Avett Brothers, Mason Jennings) , especially if they had signed with a label during the years or if their band had changed from album to album. So I'm going to start something new I like to call "Where do I start?" where I feature an artist that has more than one or two albums under their belt and I'll recommend a good album to start with and where to go from there. I'm gonna put it out there; if you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back.

First artist, Matt Costa, will follow this post. I'll continue with artists that I've already posted on this site. Hope you guys like it and it helps in your music acquisition process.

(to come: Avett Brothers, Mason Jennings, Eric Hutchinson, etc...)

No comments: