Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Beautiful Girls

The Beautiful Girls - Last.fm and purevolume. You can't classify this band, it's just not possible. Take G. Love, Jack Johnson, Dispatch, Donovan Frankenreiter, Dave Matthews and Xavier Rudd and I think you have The Beautiful Girls. I first featured these guys back before this site even started in my original emails and I was half and half on them. Half loving them, half indifferent on them. Now that I've heard more and they've released more songs I'm a big fan.

With this band you'll get a mezcla of music. Sometimes you'll get semi-normal indie music, other times you'll get surf rock, then you might get easy surf rock, then you'll get reggae, then back to indie again. For example on purevolume, you get easy indie with "Cash Money", then surf-rock reggae with "Blackbird", easy Jack Johnson surf rock with "Take the Long Way Home". All I like because they don't just sit on one thing.

Switch over to the last.fm site you'll find another different side with their indie fun rock with "Though About You", a really good song. The rest of the songs lend to this style as well with some reggae surf rock blended in.

If I was to recommend an album purchase it would be "Ziggurats" which is definitely worth the $9.99. I highly recommend checking out this band and purchasing some of their stuff. So good.

This Aussie band is high on my list of favorites and I recommend at least checking the purevolume and last.fm sites out if not going over to iTunes for purchasing.

Video for your visual enjoyment:

No comments: