Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Honorary Title

The Honorary Title - Last.fm and purevolume. I'm such a sucker for up tempo bands. Bands that rarely have slow songs and even if they do it still keeps my interest. The Honorary Title falls into that category for me and live up to it very well. This is a pretty unique band although you could consider them a cross between Franz Ferdinand, Copeland and The Format(the drummer came from this band)...three very good bands themselves.

Listen to all the tracks on last.fm which cover the highest points of the "Anything Else But the Truth" album. Listen to it all, including "Everything I Once Had", "Bridge and Tunnel" and "Anything Else But the Truth"(song). On purevolume Listen to "Along the Way", "Untouched and Intact", and "The City's Summer" to get a good feel of their latest album. On the purevolume site they currently have their entire last year album "Scream and Light Up the Sky" which is very good but I'm a bigger fan of "Anything Else But the Truth"(album). They are quite different albums, one is more indie and the other more indie rock. Both very good and I like the change up. Check it all out, I recommend it. Driving rhythms, upbeat nature, great sounds.



No comments: