Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My turn, my turn!

I can't let Tyler have all the fun. This is a sample of some bands I enjoy that you may not have heard of:

Alexi Murdoch - if you like Nick Drake, you already love Alexi

Whitest Boy Alive - groovy bass lines, kind of the trippier side of my music taste
Engineers - more Euro-trippiness

Portrait of Another - some talented guys doing some good Christian music (listen to "Just In Case")
Randall Goodgame - great storyteller

White boys with soul (ladies love 'em):
Justin Rosolino - the anti-singer/songwriter's singer/songwriter
Dave Barnes - some sweet southern soul
Matt Wertz - a real road warrior - no idea why he's not bigger

Bringing Chocolate to a Bubblegum World:
Florez - Alex rocks the electric classical guitar and Erik was on Survivor

-Gregarious

1 comment:

Live Tyler said...

Florez is a real interesting spanish rock sound without being all that spanish. Very unique and musically powerful on all songs. I dig them.

Check out Caroline by Matt Wertz, got some great mandolin lead lines in it.