Monday, July 7, 2008

Acoustic Lounge on KSFS

Check out the podcast from KSFS called "Acoustic Lounge". They feature a lot of great up and coming artists including a lot of unknowns. To name a few: Eric Hutchinson, Joshua Radin, Nizlopi, Teitur, James Morrison, Fionn Regan, Paulo Nutini, Jose Gonzalez, Glen Hansard, etc... Those are just the ones they've featured the last few months. KSFS will record a show by the artist when they come through San Francisco and then get an interview from them and combine those two into the podcast. What I like about the podcast is that it's a mix of interview and songs, both from their albums and live. It's gives you a couple of questions for the artist then plays a full length song, and so on. I just listened to the Eric Hutchinson one and the Glen Hansard one, both very good. The live sound quality isn't always the best because they didn't mix it, but it's still good enough to listen too. If you are looking for a good music podcast, I recommend this one. I wish I could iTunes link you but I don't work in the world of windows, thus no iTunes during the day. Search for "acoustic lounge on ksfs".

By the way, here are my other recommendations for musical podcasts if you missed it the first time around. And please comment on your favorite podcasts (both music and non-music), I'm always looking for more.

No comments: