Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Call us, but we'll also call you

So I called Verizon about something yesterday and after navigating through the prompts I found myself on hold for an operator. After about 10 seconds from the prompt and into the hold a robot lady came on the phone and said "Your current wait time is 10 minutes. If you would like us to call you when your operator is ready enter your name and number now...otherwise stay on the line and your operator will be with you shortly." Wait, what did you say? Your telling me that I no longer have to hold the phone to my ear and listen to your new age music for 10 minutes and now you are going to call me? That's fantastic and I'll take it. So I left my name and number and sure enough 10 minutes later I get a call and it's a real person from Verizon.

So that made me think, why hasn't everyone adopted that? It makes the customer a lot less frustrated, it's still automatic (I'm sure) and it frees up their phone lines. I think it's brilliant and I think everyone should be doing this.

The joy of customer service has just gotten more joyful.

No comments: