Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Things Done Seen

I was traveling along 460 from Virginia Beach to Crewe the other day and I happened to notice some interesting signs. I just wish I had pictures of these.

I passed a sign that said "For Sale By Owner", so I looked at the house to find a boarded up, beat up, one side burned trailer. I have a feeling they aren't going to get their asking price.

I saw a business sign for a glass and mirror company and on the actual billboard part where they put daily or weekly sales they had the word "Mulch". Maybe the glass and mirror business has taken a dive and they are getting ahead in the steadily rising mulch cash cow.

Another sign for a restaurant and catering business stated "We'll cater to your most personal affair". They might want to reword that for the modern day.

A large billboard advertised a forthcoming store called "Joe's Peanuts - Best in Virginia", a tall order considering peanuts are big in this region and Virginia Diner rules the coop. Upon passing "Joe's Peanuts"
I found a small store with a sign out front "For Sale". No further comments needed. I think the billboard will soon come down.

No comments: