Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bowerbirds


Sometimes you hear a band and you wish you'd heard them earlier. Bowerbirds fit into that category for me. Bowerbirds caught my eye when I saw them on their great Take Away Shows. The best way to describe this band before listening is if you have combine nylon string rhythm guitar, steady unique lead voice, bass drum, various clanging instruments, very good harmonies, banjo, accordian, violin and great lyrics, then you have Bowerbirds.

Check them out on their main site player and Myspace. On their main site, listen to "Dark Horse", "La Denigracion" to get a feeling of their style and great sound. Then listen to the rest, especially "My Oldest Memory" and "Ticonderoga".

In conclosing, I think this is one of the better bands out there right now and I highly recommend giving them at least a two song listen of the aforementioned songs.

In my opinion their best Take Away Show:

No comments: